Go Back   The Finance Forums > Finance forums > Banks

Banks Banks and banking - high street banks and online banks, personal accounts, and savings accounts.

Old 09-09-2008, 02:48 PM

Default Re: How did you choose your bank?

Many times, it can be hard distinguishing the differences between the larger banks. They all seem to offer around the same packages and also come with extra fees. Do a little research online, narrow down your list, then make sure you get your facts straight from the source by personally visiting each bank that interests you--that way you can have all your questions answered, as well as get a feel for the customer service they offer. I feel that smaller, more local banks often offer better service. You may also find that they have a strong sense of corporate social responsibility, whether they give back through community development or environmental awareness. It's refreshing to find a bank that actually cares!

Old 11-06-2008, 07:48 AM

I recently left Charter One BAnk because they screwed up my HELOC. Their website to pay online has only limited options and to make a long story short , because of their inadequacies, cause me to pay twice in one month..this happened not once but 2 times and they also after that, having the online statement show that 0.00 was due , went and charged me with a late fee. And this is the licker..after going to the bank in person , closing out that HELOC, they managed to overcharge me and have owed me money for 2 months. After calling several times and not getting anywhere, I now see on my credit report that they reported me 2 months late !! Because of money they owe me ! SO NEVER bank with Charter one. I am going to blast this all over the internet so so one else has to go thru this shit. I am also complaining the states attorney and if anyone knows what federalagency takes those complaints I would appreciate hearing from you. I am so aggravated right now I feel like suing them.

Old 11-25-2008, 09:41 PM

Started out with South Florida Education Federal Credit Union (still with them):
My parents started me a account with these guys when I was in the second grade and I remain with them because they are very close by. I use them for my credit card, and small day to day checks that need to be deposited.

First National Bank of Omaha (FNBO Direct):
I recently started with these guys because I was able to get a great interest rate of 3.75% but since I joined the interest rate has gone down .5% to 3.25% which isn't that great.

I stay with these two banks because they offer me great support whenever I have a problem or just want to call. Other than that they are normal banks excluding the fact that they are not failing.

Old 02-12-2009, 02:58 PM
The Finance Forums

I check credit opportunities, bank cards, fees and tariffs and etc. Plus a bank must have global presence

Old 02-19-2009, 10:35 AM
The Finance Forums

I chose HSBC doe to its global presence. This was the main reason for my choice

Old 02-19-2009, 09:28 PM

I have always look at service levels, fees, rates, locations and hours of operation, and we try to choose the best combination. Bu as some banks become more savy on the net I feel we will all tend to go to best internet based bank even if it does not have many branches.

Old Sponsors
Old 02-24-2009, 04:51 PM

I choose my bank after the ofiice lady with a big big booots gived me a cup of cofe and said - What do you like to drink

Old 03-06-2009, 06:39 AM

I went in a bank I heard from tv, radio and friends.. walked to the guy at the desk, said hello, said what I wanted, he started talking and talking and explaining... I walked out!

Went across the street to the next bank, walked in... the guy was ok, talked normal, no extreme political "corrrrectness", listened to what I needed, put 1 solution on the table. I took it.

Old 05-29-2010, 10:08 AM

good customer service, good internet banking ,localised branches good interest rate!!!

Old 08-15-2011, 08:50 PM
The Finance Forums

Lightbulb Re: How did you choose your bank?

I want a bank with good customer service over the phone. They're all good at the branch.
I look for a bank with integrity and goodhearted. Wachovia Bank is the best bank I ever banked with. Now that they merged with Wells Fargo their customer service over the phone has depreciated. I have tried switching to other banks but the problem gets worse. Therefore, I have decided to stay at Wells Fargo.

Old 10-26-2011, 11:54 AM

I just like because its one of the most trusted bank also, i can use it to buy products online.

Old 11-02-2011, 04:57 PM

I went with PNC for business. They by far have the best service offline and online.

Old 08-03-2012, 01:19 PM

I am agree totally agree with Mark.

Thanks

Old 09-04-2012, 05:59 AM

I choose my bank for many reason. It is in my local area. It's cheque facility is good. Besides it has more facilities on varies items of different plans.

Old 09-12-2012, 07:34 AM

Choosing the best bank for our needs is easy. Firstly , we have to figure out exactly what we need from a bank. Once you know what to look for, we can quickly evaluate the competition and bind up our search with the best bank account out there. Choosing your right bank with right information.Because it will help while doing business.