Go Back   The Finance Forums > Finance forums > Investments

Investments Discussions and questions about stock market investments, tax free savings, and high interest savings accounts.

Old 09-18-2010, 03:48 AM

Default Re: Stock Trader looking for an Investor

Well each day you have to see were these institutions are putting their money. I seperate the stock sectors into categories: financial, oil, gold, steel, copper, coal, retail, tech, dollar, semis, ect.

Every day they move their money from one sector to another. I look to see were they are moving then I go into those sectors and pull up several charts on the stocks. From there I can tell if its short, mid, or a long term investment from the institutions. The charts show me all of this. I want to find the best entry point. So I want to find the stocks were they have been oversold and the institutions are supporiting it at a certain price. If the stock is holding and the market is failing then I know that the stock has relative strength and I can enter a position with little risk. But the set up has to be there and the market has to be selling off. I do the opposite when shorting.

You have to look at several charts to determine were that stock is most likely going to move. I like to give myself a 90% chance that it will go in the direction that I think it will move before entering the trade.

Old 09-24-2010, 11:21 PM

In order to know if an institutional buyer is buying or supporting a stock you have to look at the volume, stochastics and support area on the chart of that particular stock. Institutions will always support a stock at a certain price and they will also sell it at a price as well. You have to know what to look for on the charts to see if they are supporting or selling it. For Example, stock A had a price of 65 dollars 7 days ago. The stochastics on the weekly and daily chart were less then 30% heading down. Stock A declines to 60 the next 3 days. On the 4th day the stock plummits to 52 with high selling volume(at least twice the amount of the average volume) and the stochastics on the charts are at the bottom.
Now I will follow this stock to see if it gains any support or continues to head down. I want to see if the stock continues to make higher highs and or higher lows on the daily chart. If the stock market is down, Stock A does not fall, selling volume declines on stock A, Stock A is making higher highs or higher lows, and stock A is at support on the chart then I know that institutions are supporting the stock at 52. I also know that this is a dog stock with much upside with little risk. At this point I go in with mininum shares and then wait for confirmation to add to my position. Some dog stocks take longer then others to take the bounce to the upside. You also have to give these stocks alot more room on your stops. I would say at least 2 to 4 points.

I also look for certain formations on several charts to understand when to add to my positions. Im always looking for setup to produce the breakout (when the stock price shoots up or down through moving averages). This is were the easy money is made.

There are alot of other factors and variables that you have to look for. It takes alot of time a patience to learn the techniques to maximize profits with very low risk.

Old 02-25-2011, 02:45 AM

If you are keen in trading then surf online you may come across some who want to invest but are not good in stock market trading.

Old 05-19-2011, 02:41 AM

Penny stocks is the best process to invest money. Penny stocks are most closely associated with pump and dump schemes, where stocks are brought in bulk by stock speculators and a massive campaign to promote the stock starts, jacking up the price of the stock. That's offer good financial services.

Old 03-06-2018, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurfToe View Post
Yes I can earn an average 15% per month. Some months I can pull up to 80%. I have pulled 180% in a 3 month period before. If I had about 150k in my market account I wouldnt need any investors. My market account is growing but I dont have alot of capital to make the big gains yet. So its like a grinding process even at 15%. Having an investor would help me make more gains.

Madoff took peoples money and didnt invest it. Im not taking anyones money. The funds stay in the investors account. The investor has full control of their account. My commission are also paid on profits only.
Those are really high statistics man. I hope you can deliver!

Old 03-06-2018, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelHerbert View Post
Penny stocks is the best process to invest money. Penny stocks are most closely associated with pump and dump schemes, where stocks are brought in bulk by stock speculators and a massive campaign to promote the stock starts, jacking up the price of the stock. That's offer good financial services.
All it means that it is a basic way to invest with minimal risk right??
I mean its where a beginner should start.

Old Sponsors