Go Back   The Finance Forums > Finance forums > General Finance

General Finance Discuss general personal finance issues and home accounting not covered on the other finance boards.

Old 03-30-2010, 07:11 AM
The Finance Forums

Default Easy Ways to Get Rich Quick

Though I have always been against Ďget rich schemes and tipsí, I have been receiving numerous emails asking the much-repeated question Ďhow to get rich quick.í Earlier, I had posted many articles on investing in 401k savings, CDís, savings account, stock market, real estate, and gold. These tips, however, ensured a steady income rather than quick riches. This explains the bedlam of people wanting to earn money overnight. Not anymore. Here is a list of things to do to earn money instantly. 1. Stock Market Speculation We all know stock market is a place to earn a fortune. You just need to invest in right companies and at right time. Remember, every big company once started small. Find an emerging company in a booming sector, and invest in it. 2. Buy Property Housing prices are definitely not at their peaks. Get a mortgage and start buying properties at prime locations, easy ways to get rich quickand wait for the right time to arrive, which isnít far now. 3. Get stock market tips But not from the market gurus on the web. Get some real information from people scurrying around the Wall Street. They know the secrets; why do you think they have 20 cars and 5 mansions? 4. Gamble Ever tried gambling? No? The good news is, you can learn almost everything on the web, including levitation. Thatís not gambling though. You can learn many skills online, essential to win in blackjacks, craps. 5. Blogging Almost everyone can start a blog. Donít believe me? Look at this blog, I know nothing about personal finance, yet I am earning. Write posts, perform SEO, paste some ads, and voila! Quick Cash! 6. Tax Returns Cheek the list of things you can claim as deduction, or consult a shrewd attorney, and get a considerable amount bank in your bank account. And when you get this money, use the other 6 tips to get rich quick. 7. Win a lottery Chances of winning a lottery are very low. And the unfortunate part is, most people think as you do. Why do you have to buy a single ticket? Get as many as possible, and the chances suddenly surges. 10 minutes laterÖ What? I just received a call from my accountant and lawyer, and while discussing these things with them, I realized I have got few facts wrong. Umm, where do I start? OkayÖ stock market speculation doesnít seem to be a great idea, itís actually gambling, not investing. And gambling isnít a good idea either. If it would have been so easy winning in blackjacks, more than half of worldís population would have been rich; actually, very rich, because they would gamble more with the money received. And my lawyer says, real estate is a good investment, but for long term. In short-term, the market is volatile, and itís expected to drop further. Even if the market rises and you earn quickly, you will have to pay taxes on short term capital gains. And I though I were earning thousands on my blog everyday. My accountant, however, just informed me I have few cents in my adsense account, and thatís a monthly income. What about the lottery money? If I win, I wouldnít have to think about saving money ever again. Hereís the truth, if you buy every available lottery ticket, you would have to get a food loan, utility loan, car gas loan, and a loan for every other expense you make daily. The truth is: Thereís only one way to earn money, save it, as much as you can.

Old Sponsors
Old 04-02-2010, 10:41 AM

Default Re: Easy Ways to Get Rich Quick

Not only is it a crap cut and paste job, it's also the more drivellous advice I've ever seen?

Seriously, this is a finance forum - we talk about financial issues. Recommending winning a lottery as a means of getting "rich quick" is pathetic.

And, you think the property market hasn't reached it's peak, yet, huh?!

Old 04-05-2010, 06:53 AM

All you have mentioned is fake as well as disgusting and none of these tips really work in the real life. Its my experience and always remember on thing that "Slow and steady wins the race".

Old 04-05-2010, 04:01 PM

There is that job from Cali muling white powder and cash over the border of various countries, and ah the hitman and ah you could set up a cadaver trade and last not least harness live organs.......

Man, you want to get rich quick? Go to Bogota, Medellin etc for guys like you there is always a chance......the risk... you may just die but never mind the live insurance payment may be the event which brings your family out of the financial doldrums.

Old 04-13-2010, 10:56 AM

Default Easy Ways to Get Rich Quick

have you tried stock market? they said its the quickest way to get rich

Old 04-13-2010, 01:39 PM

2 words = Compound Interest

Old 04-20-2010, 12:28 PM

Wow, defeated out of the gate!

Old 05-02-2010, 06:26 PM

This should be titled "how to get broke even quicker".

Old 05-03-2010, 01:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwin View Post
This should be titled "how to get broke even quicker".
that's what I'm thinking too

Old 04-11-2012, 03:21 AM

Here we got so many nice tips for making or saving money from everybody's point of view. I wanted to know about some tax saving schemes. Can anybody suggest me some?

Old 04-26-2012, 07:11 AM

Hi.. friends today world survive money crisis.

Old Sponsors
Old 05-02-2012, 05:57 AM

if you buy every available lottery ticket, you would have to get a food loan, utility loan, car gas loan, and a loan for every other expense you make daily.

Old 05-17-2012, 05:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmvanya View Post
have you tried stock market? they said its the quickest way to get rich
Chances are there and equally opposite chances are also there.Chances of loss of also. Just someway similar to gambling may be but legal.

Old 06-18-2012, 07:39 AM

market downturn is increasing every day and investment is becoming a big mistakes can anyone suggest me some tips about-401k investment for retirement basics.
welcoming your suggestions.

Old 06-21-2012, 01:35 AM

I despise 401K's, IRA's and the like. They'll take part of what you saved one way or another. Luckily I found a gem that defeats those lame excuses for retirement.