Go Back   The Finance Forums > Finance forums > Investments

Investments Discussions and questions about stock market investments, tax free savings, and high interest savings accounts.

Old 06-01-2014, 08:01 AM

Default Smart money / Insider trading

I wish to grasp form 4 for insider trades. Itís my belief that an insider buys do not capture the true sentiment. For example, if an insider was to be gifted 1000 shares of company XYZ vs a buy of XYZ in the open market. The two are very different buys.
So this raises the question, when we see insider buys listed on a paper such as the Wall Street Journal should we take a deeper look at the buy? If we should look deeper how does one read form 4 for insider buys? Form 4 seems a little murky to me.

Old Sponsors
Old 09-25-2017, 04:41 AM

Default Re: Smart money / Insider trading

Many people don't aware about the insider trading. It is a type of trading where a person does buy and selling of stocks based on that information that is not available to the public. It is illegal trading because confidential information is used to purchase stocks in order to gain more profit.

Old 09-25-2017, 06:53 AM

Bursa KLSE a fully integrated exchange deals in securities founded in 1930. Bursa includes services including trading, clearing, settlement and depository services. Recently Bursa Malaysia joins 34 Exchanges worldwide. On 18 March 2005, Bursa Malaysia was listed on the Main Board of Bursa Malaysia Securities Berhad that Provide, operate and maintain securities exchange. As Malaysia securities in terms of economy it’s a fourth largest in Southeast Asia.

Old 09-26-2017, 12:50 AM

Insider trading is essentially in a nutshell the trading of stocks or securities of a company/corporation by a person or persons with knowledge or information about the company that is not public knowledge.

In most cases insider trading is legal. However, the practice becomes illegal when “material” non-public information is obtained and used to provide an edge or advantage. This is particularly targeted in the USA and Germany where the trader is of substantial position, and owns a significant portion of the company’s equity securities.

One of the most profitable practices for inside traders, and one that is legal, is to profit from open market repurchases.

Old 09-14-2019, 04:09 PM

Trading in smart way is must but we need to keep the gap between smartness and foolishness. The simplest way is to do it via tight money and risk management along with following the market. I do both and through FreshForex, I find it all easier with their Market Analysis facility, it’s superb and very helpful.