Go Back   The Finance Forums > Finance forums > Credit Cards

Credit Cards Discuss credit cards - user experiences, credit card rates, and which companies offer the best credit card.

Old 05-06-2012, 10:25 PM

Default Applying for credit card without proof of income

Hi just wanted to get some advice.

I currently live in Australia, am a student and make money on the side playing online poker. I am a tax resident of both Australia and Canada and am planning on staying in Australia.

I have family in Canada, 2 bank accounts in Canada, a credit card in Canada, money in investments, etc. and a residential address in Canada (my parents). I am also going back to visit for 5 weeks in a couple of months.

While there i would like to get another credit card that has a lower foreign exchange fee and is not tied to any bank account (ie. you pay off the card from another source). I have had a credit card for about 6 years or something in Canada and only once forgot to pay off the monthly balance in full (small amount, didn't realize it was on there) but not exactly sure what my credit rating is because I haven't checked.

Will i have much trouble getting accepted for another card given that i effectively cannot declare income (it is variable and not seen as a "real job") and will not be residing in Canada? I don't really want to come out and say "i am going to be using this card overseas, will never pay you any interest, and won't be activitely residing in Canada" but i also don't want to do anything misleading/against terms of service. Is a "proof of funds" type thing ok in lieu of income? Do i need proof of income at all with a good (presumably) credit rating? Basically the intention is to use up some of my Canadian money without getting killed on exchange fees because right now it is sitting in a bank getting basicallyu nothing (and i don't want to put it all in long term investments). Thanks for any advice you can offer

Old Sponsors
Old 05-29-2020, 05:26 AM
onecardtwocard

Default Re: Applying for credit card without proof of income

Hello everyone! I have been playing poker for 10 years. My father also taught me this difficult game. I remember how I loved to watch him play poker with friends in our garden. It was very exciting. After that, I asked my father to teach me how to play poker as well. At first it was very difficult for me, but I did not give up and now I am one of the best players in my district.
When playing, I always use the marked deck of cards
Marked deck of cards is often used to cheat for gambling games or card tricks. Cards making is a process of changing poker in some methods, which is evident to marker or card hosts.