Go Back   The Finance Forums > Finance forums > General Finance

General Finance Discuss general personal finance issues and home accounting not covered on the other finance boards.

Old 11-29-2006, 06:19 AM

Default How disciplined?

How disciplined are you when it comes to monthly spendings? Do you spend more than you have allocated yourself?

Old Sponsors
Old 11-29-2006, 04:17 PM

Default Re: How disciplined?

I am not really very disciplined as far as money goes.I find myself starting out good, and then before you know it I am behind the eight ball.I am not giving up though I am still going to keep trying I will get it right yet.

Old 11-29-2006, 06:21 PM

I actually have just started setting aside my monthly gas, grocery, and insurance money at the first of the month. I even got seperate registers to keep up with the monies. Now I don't worry about spending gas money on something else because it's already subtracted out of the account.

Old 12-02-2006, 01:52 PM

I really need to become more discipline because I am a big spender and that is my New Year Resolution is to budget more.

Old 12-17-2006, 12:59 AM

i find it hard to resist the temptation to buy new clothes or shoes for myself. just yesterday my "financial discipline" was put to another test while i was shopping for christmas presents for my male relatives. my money almost went to a couple of leggings and a skirt i wanted for myself instead of the 8 gifts i had to buy for my cousins and relatives. thankfully i was able to discipline myself and went for the latter.

Old 12-18-2006, 09:01 PM

I'm very disciplined. My budget is complete at least one month in advance and the little extras are generally accounted for ahead of time.

Old 12-21-2006, 12:51 AM

My budget is kindof a living creature. It grows as my income grows. Every month or two, I review what I've budgetted, make sure I was able to stay in the allotted amounts, see what is left over, and then adjust accordingly. I don't know if I'll ever be "settled" in my budget.

Old 12-22-2006, 08:20 PM

I keep trying to be disciplined, but it doesn't work! Still, I made some good headway this year. I acutally set up a savings account for once! AND, I set it up so the bank would automatically deduct $100 from every salary payment (I do direct deposit) to automatically go into savings. This is a major stride for me. So even if I'm still not perfect at budgeting, I'm definitely getting better.