Go Back   The Finance Forums > Finance forums > Debt

Debt Discussions about debt and how to deal with debt.

Old 12-08-2017, 05:35 PM

Default Auto title loan advice needed

Ok 2 years ago I was in a bad spot with nowhere to turn so I took out an auto title loan of $2500 on my car. Fast-forward two years and I am approaching my last payment but I owe about $3000 in late fees. I've paid them back about $6000 on that initial $2500 loan.

They tell me they can refinance and lower my interest rate and payment. Seems to me that would be signing up for more of the same, I'll be back even deeper than before, starting over with a $3000 loan instead of the $2500. Of course they won't tell me anything or answer any of my questions, like which one is going to cost me less in the end, how much would actually end up paying... Seems like in two years I'll be back at the same spot owing even more money.

Should I stick with the original contract and try to pay it off or should I refinance it? I really don't know what to do. At this point the car is worth less than $3000 I owe.

Old Sponsors
Old 02-19-2018, 05:51 AM

Default Re: Auto title loan advice needed

According to me, you should definitely pay your debts first but in order to do some with taking more loan upon your head would be a foolishness.To avoid such debt loans you should not refinance your financial currency because if you do then all your hard work would go in pain.