Go Back   The Finance Forums > Finance forums > Homework

Homework Get help with your finance related homework.

Old 01-13-2013, 07:56 PM

Default Dissertation Topic

Hi,

First of all I'd like to say I'm here for guidance and not for someone to create my dissertation question for me (as I have seen some questionable threads on this site). I would just like a professional opinion on a couple of questions banking related as it's what my essay will be based upon.
The main aspect I wanted to focus on is the bailouts of banks. More importantly the bailouts during the financial crisis (mainly in USA and UK), with a focus on the whole "too-big-to-fail" argument.
I do not have a definitive question as I'm struggling with the wording, though I would like to know the following:

1. First of all, whether it can be done. Is it in your opinion something which can reach 10,000 words?

2. I realise that dissertation topics is a popular talking point in future interviews, will me focusing on bailouts rather than the whole financial structure come back to haunt me in these situations? (Might sound stupid, I know but I just want to make sure before I get stuck in).

3. Is it in your opinion an aspect which can come back to bite future economies in the a**? I'm saying this because CEO's in 2008 had a "You bailed them out, why not us?" attitude, do you think future banks aims will be to get to the point were they are too-big-to-fail?

The list may be easy to answer but I would just like some opinions to get me going. Also, I am a student at university conducting my first dissertation.

Thank you for any comments and again, I am not trying to get my essay written, merely trying to sort out my question as soon as possible.

Thank you again, I look forward to reading replies.

Old Sponsors
Old 02-18-2019, 10:19 AM

Default Re: Dissertation Topic

I think the questions with dissertations are really relevant because it gives is prestige. %To have a good dissertation is really important. That's why sometimes it is far easier to order an essay on rapid essay and don't worry about it