Go Back   The Finance Forums > Finance forums > Credit Cards

Credit Cards Discuss credit cards - user experiences, credit card rates, and which companies offer the best credit card.

Old 06-12-2014, 07:41 AM

Default Helpful Credit Card Information You Should Keep Close By

Have you thought that you needed a credit card for emergencies, but have not been sure which card to get? If so, you're in the right place. This article will answer all your questions about credit cards, how to use them, and what to look for in a credit card offer. Read on for some great tips.

Monitor your credit card spending closely to avoid overspending. Sometimes plastic makes it easy to lose track of your spending decisions, which can result in you owing more than you can afford to pay.

If you have poor credit and want to repair it, consider a pre-paid credit card. This type of credit card can usually be found at your local bank. You can only use the money that you have loaded onto the card, but it is used as a real credit card, with payments and statements. By making regular payments, you will be repairing your credit and raising your credit score.

It is important for people not to purchase items that they cannot afford with credit cards. Just because an item is within your credit card limit, does not mean you can afford it. Make sure anything you buy with your card can be paid off by the end of the month.

The key to using a credit card correctly lies in proper repayment. Every time that you don't repay the balance on a credit card account, your bill increases. This means that a $10 purchase can quickly turn into a $20 purchase all due to interest! Learn how to pay it off every month.

Look into whether a balance transfer will benefit you. Yes, balance transfers can be very tempting. The rates and deferred interest often offered by credit card companies are typically substantial. But if it is a large sum of money you are considering transferring, then the high interest rate normally tacked onto the back end of the transfer may mean that you actually pay more over time than if you had kept your balance where it was. Do the math before jumping in.

Many people, especially when they are younger, feel like credit cards are a type of free money. The fact is, they are exactly the opposite, paid money. Remember, every time you use your credit card, you are basically taking out a micro-loan with incredibly high interest. Never forget that you must repay this loan.

After reading this article, you should be far less confused about credit cards. You now know how to evaluate credit card offers and how to find the right credit card for you. If this article hasn't answered absolutely everything you've wondered about credit cards, there's more info out there, so don't stop learning.

Old Sponsors
Old 09-06-2014, 06:45 AM

Default Re: Helpful Credit Card Information You Should Keep Close By

Hi,
I am taking the card from Alliance Bankcard Services. i think its good for me. but in this article you are sharing best points and i think it will be helpful for all the credit card user.

Old 03-13-2015, 06:21 AM

Thank you very much for sharing this useful information with us. I live in Abu Dhabi, UAE and I am using ADCB’s LuLu credit card. It has lots of features and benefits. Based on my personal experience I will recommend you to consider ADCB for credit cards in UAE.

Old 08-13-2015, 03:50 AM

Your credit score is the key to getting access to the better credit cards. Companies offer different cards to people with different credit scores. Cards with more perks and lower interest rates are offered to people with higher credit scores.