Go Back   The Finance Forums > Finance forums > Investments

Investments Discussions and questions about stock market investments, tax free savings, and high interest savings accounts.

Old 07-06-2010, 08:29 AM

Default Real estate investments

Hi all..

I am interested in real estate investments, but i do not have any idea about real estate and how to invest on it. Anyone with good ideas so that i could procure benefits out of my investments.?

Old Sponsors
Old 07-07-2010, 08:28 AM

Default Re: Real estate investments

Hi matt..

There are lot of investment companies that would help you in this regard..

Old 07-08-2010, 07:46 AM

Thanks Steve,

could you suggest me any of the investment company?

Old 07-09-2010, 09:22 AM

You must firstly prepare yourself for investing. Start by investing in yourself with an education in investing. Read books that teaches you the basics of the stock market. A good place to start is your public library.

Old 07-13-2010, 08:32 AM

Reading books on stock market would definitely help you. I worked with an investment company that helped me from all sides and now I am completely satisfied with the profit from those investments.

Old 10-07-2010, 01:52 AM

In my opinion invest money in real estate is the great option. It can also rise in value overtime and prove a good investment in the cash value of the investment property that you buy. That's why you need to be sure that you are ready to begin investing in real estate.

Old 11-02-2010, 10:03 PM

It's always a good idea to better educate yourself before leaping head first into something as large as investing in real estate. Speak to people you know who have done it. Even call around to investment firms around you and get some advice from them as well. You can never have too much information.

Old 11-05-2010, 08:33 AM

Real estate that generates income or is otherwise intended for investment purposes rather than as a primary residence. It is common for investors to own multiple pieces of real estate, one of which serves as a primary residence, while the others are used to generate rental income and profits through price appreciation. The tax implications for investment real estate are often different than those for residential real estate.

Old 11-10-2010, 03:26 AM

Be prepared for headaches unless you get someone to manage for you. Also having tenants can be very frustrating in my opinion. Be sure to check out how to structure your holdings (certain corporate structures can provide advantages). Also - you are still taking a large bet that housing prices have settled - keep that in mind (this is also dependent on your location).

Old 11-10-2010, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnmaskingFinance View Post
Be prepared for headaches unless you get someone to manage for you. Also having tenants can be very frustrating in my opinion. Be sure to check out how to structure your holdings (certain corporate structures can provide advantages). Also - you are still taking a large bet that housing prices have settled - keep that in mind (this is also dependent on your location).
You never want to hold title to real estate in a corporation. If you do, any capital gains you realize from appreciation will be treated as regular income and taxed at the regular rate, rather than the capital gains rate.

The bet on housing prices isn't so large if you have positive cash flow from your investment properties.

Old 11-10-2010, 09:12 PM

I said corp/ but should have said partnership etc. - good catch

Old Sponsors
Old 11-17-2010, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsmalls View Post
Hi all..

I am interested in real estate investments, but i do not have any idea about real estate and how to invest on it. Anyone with good ideas so that i could procure benefits out of my investments.?
You may want to also look at using real estate options or tax liens as an alternative to straight line real estate investing. I have been looking at these types of investments inside of an IRA and like them as opportunities along with the more traditional real estate investment.

Old 11-20-2010, 12:06 AM

Default Real estate investments

Taking a real estate investment loan means you are utilizing the finance for investing in a commercial property. So before you settle for making real estate investment loan deal, make sure that you have carefully selected the property from the loan availing point of view. Note that lenders prefer a sound income generating property for considering real estate investment loan. Lenders wish to ascertain that the property is a good profit prospect. This assures in turn the lender of safe and timely return of the loan. Though real estate investment loan is a secured loan still lender would like to escape the costly repossession route and prefer instead the safe payback of the loan.

Old 11-20-2010, 11:13 PM

There are many options in real estate investments, I am a myrtle beach real estate agent and helping people around Myrtle Beach area for real estate investment. Let me know if you need any kind of help from me. Also, you can try google or youtube to learn in details about real estate investment, you will find lots of good quality information.

Old 12-08-2010, 09:12 AM

Understanding real estate investment is crucial because it usually involves a substantial investment and a long-term one. Moreover , the real estate market can be unpredictable. It need proper guidance before making any investment in real estate. I guess you must read books and take proper market knowledge before starting.

Last edited by jacobbon; 12-08-2010 at 09:20 AM.