Go Back   The Finance Forums > Finance forums > Investments

Investments Discussions and questions about stock market investments, tax free savings, and high interest savings accounts.

Old 06-17-2017, 01:55 PM

Default Forex Trading is Like Gambling. Is it True?

I heard many people say that forex trading is like gambling. doing forex trading, we would never know whether or not we will get profit. Is it true? I also heard some people say that some experts can even predict how a certain currency will perform in a certain period of time based on their analysis in terms of market trend, the stability of a country, etc.

In the near future, probably in a few months later, I would like to try forex trading. I have never tried forex trading before. But before I invest my money in an online forex trading platform, I would like to learn how to trade forex. Please, any experience, knowledge, and advice about forex trading. Thanks!

Old Sponsors
Old 06-20-2017, 08:35 AM

Default Re: Forex Trading is Like Gambling. Is it True?

not really…trading is nothing like gambling if you know what you’re doing

Old 06-20-2017, 01:47 PM

It seems to me that no.

Old 06-23-2017, 03:39 PM

Nothing like gambling. Forex trading requires skills, experience, patience and psychological stability

Old 07-13-2017, 03:33 PM

Forex is like gambling only for the uninitiated, when you become a trader, you will understand that there is nothing from luck that does not depend, only on knowledge and experience.

Old 07-24-2017, 08:47 PM

Forex trading is not gambling. But some people do that but only get loss. BTW, I am with FreshForex broker as the role of broker cannot be under-emphasized. I get to trade the major financial markets in regulated true ECN conditions like near zero spreads and no-requoutes with fast execution. There are supporting conditions of training, 1:500 high leverage, partnership & trading contests to make extra money and genuine generous bonus. Oh BTW, one can simply invest in 48% Interest per annum for passive earning!

Old 08-04-2017, 05:59 AM

Smile Re: Forex Trading is Like Gambling. Is it True?

Forex trading is different than gambling, it needs more expertise and knowledge about the forex market. A professional trader is different than a casual gambler who make hopes to make money if he gets lucky and measure the results.
forex trading is best for those who have a better knowledge and who are expert in making strong and profitable strategies to gain more return in the market.

Old 08-11-2017, 05:25 AM

Truly even the "huge young men" at the vast banks and speculative stock investments bet each time they take a seat at their exchanging PC. However, (and it's a BIG yet) there's an innate distinction between how they bet and how 99.9% of retail Forex merchants bet. It's a seemingly insignificant detail called "probabilities".
-joinsovereign

Old 08-24-2017, 05:50 AM

It's analyse. And pretty difficult. You must forecast some events and what they will cause

Old 08-28-2017, 10:24 AM

Trading involve risk! if you cant take risk, dont get started

Old 09-03-2017, 04:46 PM

If we lack sufficient knowledge or experience then it’s obvious that we will find it harder to trade and we will be more like gambling. So, it is must that we set our targets right and don’t gamble. I have been trading well through FreshForex with their superb guidance along with stuff like PushUp $200 No Deposit Bonus, it’s all terrific!

Old Sponsors
Old 09-07-2017, 03:48 AM

For most participants, it most definitely is.

Some might say that the definition of the word gamble might be: “take risky action in the hope of a desired result.”

Anything in life is classed as a gamble if you employ just hope in relation to a desirable outcome.

Speculative trading is no different from managing a business, studying for an exam, going to the gym… You can’t depend upon hope for your desires to come to fruition.

If you understand probabilities and statistics then you can hypothesise about how you might be able to exploit inefficiencies in price. Focusing on quantifying how and when to engage in a given market place makes words like “gamble” redundant.

Old 09-07-2017, 03:46 PM

Hey Januar, it seems like you do not have a lot of experience with forex. You should check some articles how forex works. Forex can look like gambling but only to people who don't have experience with it. There are many professionals who make more than a good living just from trading FX. And how they predict the price? Either by using fundamental analysis (watching the news on the economic calendar or by using technical analysis (watching charts for example for repeating patterns that already happened in the past and might happen in the future). If you plan to start trading forex, go for a demo account, you do not want to lose your money if you don't know how to trade.