Go Back   The Finance Forums > Finance forums > Credit Ratings

Credit Ratings Issues of credit ratings and credit scoring here.

Old 01-22-2013, 04:13 PM

Default Need advice ASAP please

Brief summary of my situation- prior credit history has been fair/good(low to upper 600's) recently, it went down to mid to upper 5's we went late 30 days on one credit account. Also we have medical bills in collections. These past two months, and the next two months have been and will be the worst-as far as income. So bad that I'm almost positive we will not be paying our mortgage this month(which will hit 30 days). I'm waiting to hear back from my mortgage company any day now to see if we can modify anything. Hoping for the best, but expecting the worst. So...as of April, we will be back on track again for sure, and have a plan to pay off most of our remaining debts, and accounts in collections-hopefully all within 6 months. My question is, after these next two horrible months, and the probability of defaulting on our mortgage, and our credit score being so bad- and then after getting back on track and paying most of everything off in the months following, how long will it take us to get our score back up, and our credit in good standing? We really wanted to move less than a year from now. Will that be possible?? Any advice is greatly appreciated!!!!

Old Sponsors