Go Back   The Finance Forums > Finance forums > Credit Ratings

Credit Ratings Issues of credit ratings and credit scoring here.

Old 08-21-2006, 02:40 PM

Default What's the Plan?

So, you've checked out your credit rating and see room for improvement. What steps are you taking to improve the situation? What will it take to get there? How committed are you to reaching financial independence?

Choose a question and let the rest of us know where you're at.

Old Sponsors
Old 08-25-2006, 04:33 AM

Default Re: What's the Plan?

My girlfriend has exactly this problem - little or no credit rating. And it's simply because she's never had any debt excepting for a student loan she paid off a few years ago (well, I paid off for her!).

We're moving in a few weeks and once we are, we'll get her to change her reigstered branch for her bank accounts to local branches, then set up credit cards with at least one, where she pays off the full amount every month.

I figure that's one way at least to build up some credit history and credit rating - at present she's effectively a mum ad homeowner, and really needs her credit rating building up.

Why? I went for a mortgage - fine for me, but we wanted it in joint names, but the fact she has no real credit rating got the application bounced. If we're looking to move in a few years time, I figure it makes sense to build up credit rating now for her.