Go Back   The Finance Forums > Finance forums > Debt

Debt Discussions about debt and how to deal with debt.

Old 12-18-2008, 12:08 PM

Default Consolidation of private student loans

I have about seven private student loans from the same company. They are all at different interest rates. When I got them, they had a service that would consolidate all of the loans under one interest rate at the end, but now they no longer offer that service. Does anyone have any suggestions how to consolidate about $50,000 in private student loan debt?

Old Sponsors
Old 03-21-2009, 09:54 PM

Default Re: Consolidation of private student loans

Quote:
Originally Posted by grow14me2 View Post
I have about seven private student loans from the same company. They are all at different interest rates. When I got them, they had a service that would consolidate all of the loans under one interest rate at the end, but now they no longer offer that service. Does anyone have any suggestions how to consolidate about $50,000 in private student loan debt?
When you say private student loans, do you mean like a signature loan at a bank? Credit card? What was the source of the funds?

Old 08-10-2011, 06:56 AM

Default Re: Consolidation of private student loans

I have suggestions about private student loan that is no tery private student loan. It has lower interest rate and in this loan, credit profile doesn't matter. If you have bad credit history then you can go for the loan. But you will need cosigner who has good credit history. If you have good credit history cosigner then your loan will soon be approved.