Go Back   The Finance Forums > General Forums > General Chat

General Chat General chat and discussion away from the finance topics.

Old 09-14-2007, 12:29 PM

Default Passive Income

Your thoughts, please:

- Is passive income from private programmes a pipe-dream?

- When presented with such a "too good to be true" opportunity which at the same time seems naggingly real for all intents and purposes, would you take the plunge and gamble a small sum( 3-4 figures )?

- Are you generally open to possibilities of "easy money" or is your gut reaction simply to slam the door shut on such "evil"?

Old Sponsors
Old 09-18-2007, 10:30 AM

Default Re: Passive Income

I think Passive income can be achieved it doesn't need to be via some fancy scheme.

If you can work on something that will continue paying when you have stopped working on it you are there, the think i find is that people are not generally willing to work on something of their own or put in the work required with a trusted program. there are a lot of scams out there that will take ur money and promise u the world but deliver nothing.

Online is a great place to make a passive income but its also full of dodgey programs and scams.

I have managed to make a decent amount of money from an online affiliate program, i guess i had the advantage of knowing the product and knowing the company who was running the affiliate program but there are many decent affiliate programs out there that you can make a nice passive income from over time.

one of the key things with affiliate programs is that you shouldn't have to pay to join them. if you are going to be promoting a product or service i don't see why you should have to pay to help grow the other persons business.

end of the day a passive income does not have to be overly difficult and it certainly doesn't have to be expensive to create.

Hope that was of some use...

Jason!

Old 09-23-2007, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneyface View Post
Your thoughts, please:

- When presented with such a "too good to be true" opportunity which at the same time seems naggingly real for all intents and purposes, would you take the plunge and gamble a small sum( 3-4 figures )?

- Are you generally open to possibilities of "easy money" or is your gut reaction simply to slam the door shut on such "evil"?
What no one tells you is that it still requires a lot of hard work to create this income. So it's not really passive at all until you've basically built up a business model through lots of hard work and promotion.

In other words - mostly it is a pipe dream.

Old 09-26-2007, 05:22 AM

I think the plunge you take will not be money, it is time and other opportunities.

Old 09-27-2007, 03:38 AM

Dear all,

Thanks so much for taking the time out to pen( obsolete expression, I know! LOL! ) your thoughts.

Anyway, I've taken the plunge into one of these and am one of many very happy people.

Old 10-01-2007, 05:11 AM

The passive income that comes from investing your money in some long term share or a mutual fund is passive to the point when you start thinking about it, calculating the pros and cons, considering the alternatives and making any researches. All this is still work although sometimes it's not regarded as such..

Old 10-04-2007, 07:33 PM

I think passive income is a nice way of earning but it should not be mistaken as the fast .... rightly said by Brian it too takes a lot of hard work.
I m also trying my hand at some similar Prog. like pay to click etc

Old 10-21-2007, 03:51 PM

Passive Income is definitely not a pipe dream, although as stated above, it can take a lot of hard work. I don't think it necessarily HAS to take a LOT of hard work though, although it will always take some work. I am trying to get something like this set up, but I do it in my spare time for fun. I'm having a lot of fun with one of my blogs seeing how much money I can make, and I most certainly will set up some sort of passive income, whether it be by being an Affiliate or what. On the internet, you can set up thing to sell AUTOMATICALLY, so if someone comes to your webpage and wants to buy it, they can do that EVEN WHILE YOU SLEEP! Now if that isn't passive income, I don't know what is. You have to set it up first though, which is where the work comes in. But what you have to ask yourself is how much are you going to get paid over time by this work. If it is more than you'd make at a job, doing the same work then it's definitely worth doing. Get enough of these little income earners going at the same time and all of the sudden you have a nice passive income.

Old 10-21-2007, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Your thoughts, please:

The benefits of generating a passive income:

1. Make a strong initial effort to get your income started,
then do minimal work (or virtually none) thereafter,
resulting in earning more and doing less.

2. Freedom to choose when and where you wish to work.

3. Your passive residual income is not dependent on a 9-5
work week and can be generated 24 hours, 7 days a week.

4. Able to give yourself a pay raise whenever you want by
creating multiple income streams.

5. Create an unlimited amount of income - you are only
limited by your imagination.

6. Have more free time to spend time with your family,
friends or go on vacation.

7. Ability to give to charitable causes.

8. Create residual income for your future retirement.

Old 10-23-2007, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summerwine View Post
The passive income that comes from investing your money in some long term share or a mutual fund is passive to the point when you start thinking about it, calculating the pros and cons, considering the alternatives and making any researches. All this is still work although sometimes it's not regarded as such..
Quite right - you just need to earn the money first.

Also just posted this on a friend, in case of use:
http://www.thefinanceforums.com/what...sful-1098.html

Old 10-30-2007, 03:55 PM

I have spent a couple years trying to generate passive income from websites. My biggest problem is time. With a website you have to work really hard at first for little or no money and only then will you be able to make a decent amount of income. So I guess that raises the question of whether or not it's really passive income. It seems to me a fourm could end up being a good way to generate passive income. With my recent project, The Yuwie Test, I am trying to test a social network site that claims to pay. So far it's slow going but I have word from what I believe is a trustworthy source that the do actually pay. If this ends up working out, that would be good passive income. I wouldn't mind getting paid for talking to friends on a social network site, I don't really concider that work, that's usually what keeps me from working on the websites. That and reading forums...

Old Sponsors
Old 11-09-2007, 10:23 AM

Yes I have found some of the "EVIL" online that you talk of Money Face.

As Brian has always stated on this Forum it takes hard work and dedication to earn the money you desire and the benifits Finance Man mention.

So research and study every Business Opportunity thoroughly wether it is offline or online. Choose a Business you enjoy then it might make getting that passive income easier.

Old 11-10-2007, 11:58 AM

The great thing about the internet is the low overheads, and the fact that you can invest time rather than money to build up your business presence.

However, you need to be able to be prepared to invest that time learning and solving problems to do so.

Anyone looking to make money without having to make any effort first is probably better off just buying lottery tickets.

Old 12-20-2007, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Your thoughts, please:

IMO, it depends on what it is! Define "evil".

Easy money? Very rarely is it ever "easy". Again it depends on who what & where. What's "too good to be true?"

Do you know that it's illegal? Hence, "evil".

Risking my freedom for greed on an obvious money game?, I'll pass.

It's up to you thoiugh ultimately. Buyer beware! Since the internet boom, there's many SCAMS! Many more blatant than others.

Tell us more?

Kerry

Old 12-30-2007, 10:32 AM

Passive income? Yeah right.

EVERYTHING takes a lot of time and luck, and I think generally speaking that passive income is a complete load of crock.