Go Back   The Finance Forums > General Forums > General Chat

General Chat General chat and discussion away from the finance topics.

Old 05-03-2011, 12:10 PM

Default How do i go about getting a home improvment loan with no credit?

I will probably need to replace my car soon, but I don't know that I want a traditional car loan because it would require having more insurance, and thus be rather expensive for me. (It'd be about double for me, as I don't have a spotless driving record). I was wondering if instead I could get a personal loan from the bank, say in the neighborhood of $3-5K and use that for a car thus saving me a bunch of money by not needing collision coverage if I could pay for the car in cash.

Now the questions ... is this possible, or is there usually some stipulation that you can't use a personal loan for a car? What sort of collateral do you usually need for a personal loan? If you have good credit, can you get one w/out collateral? Any info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Old Sponsors
Old 05-03-2011, 12:12 PM

Default If i get an immigrant visa could i get a study loan from any bank at US?

I'm going to be 18 years old after two months, and i will apply for DV Lottery 2012.
I want to study, work and live in USA and become a citizen.
and im thinking of getting a study loan after i get an immigrant visa if i won,
if soo, what is the requirement for getting a loan & details.Car loan????
I tried getting a loan with my bank but they denied my due to my credit being bad....does anyone know where i could go to get a loan for a car....i also want to buy my car from a auction i dont know if that makes a difference????