Go Back   The Finance Forums > Finance forums > Debt

Debt Discussions about debt and how to deal with debt.

Old 02-21-2015, 11:52 AM

Default 23 with 36k in debt.

So I paid off all my debt except for my truck. A lot of trading in has brought me into a 36k dollar truck. After all my bills including gas food ext we have about 1200 a month of free cash. I have this new developed debt anxiety and tend to throw all of that towards the vehicle but i feel helpless like it will never go away. Am I in way over my head?

The truck is worth 30k and my interest rate is 3.4. Im just so worked up over this and thought id ask for advice.

Old Sponsors
Old 05-26-2015, 03:08 PM

Default Re: 23 with 36k in debt.

Hey Bruce,

I can empathize with your situation. Being just 22 years old I quickly and rather easily got myself into a tight situation financially. Luckily, thanks to some good people and great information I've implemented into my life I am able to get myself out of debt! Talk about getting the monkey off your back. The information that has helped me change my financial thinking is readily available. Just send me a message and I can guide you into the right direction.

There are a number of testimonials. I strongly encourage you to check it out and see what you can do for yourself.

Regard,
James

Old 06-06-2015, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jplifeleadership View Post
Hey Bruce,

I can empathize with your situation. Being just 22 years old I quickly and rather easily got myself into a tight situation financially. Luckily, thanks to some good people and great information I've implemented into my life I am able to get myself out of debt! Talk about getting the monkey off your back. The information that has helped me change my financial thinking is readily available. Just send me a message and I can guide you into the right direction.

There are a number of testimonials. I strongly encourage you to check it out and see what you can do for yourself.

Regard,
James
Good advice.

Old 04-14-2016, 12:09 AM

If your instincts tell you that the truck is too big of a monkey to have on your back, then I suggest you listen. You're better off than most people because at least you're aware that you might have a debt burden greater than your comfort zone.

Old 04-26-2016, 01:43 PM

You have put yourself into a great position. Yes you do have debt. But it's manageable by what you stated.

Speaking from experience, I had a Diesel hotrod truck that I traded in for a Honda fit because of all of the expenses of operating and time for me to work on the truck. I now enjoy the extra money that I have doing more things since I have more time and money.

You need a vehicle to get you back and forth. Having a paid off vehicle and saving for your next cars to pay in cash is a great thing. It is all up to you. Pay off the truck early and enjoy it or save up the extra $1200/mo for say a year and sell the truck pay off the debt and buy a nice vehicle debt free. That will give you a lot of extra money a month to give you extra security for planing to have an abundant financial future to do what ever you'd like.

Old 05-27-2016, 07:59 AM

It is great that you realize this early an work towards paying this off! Fulfill your dreams whilst you can.

Old 07-06-2016, 04:21 AM

condolences bro, this will be hard..

Old 07-26-2016, 07:31 PM

Do you really need that much truck? Definitely consider selling it and getting something you can afford.

Old 11-26-2016, 12:53 AM

Did you clear off your debt for your truck?

Old 11-28-2016, 02:43 AM

Is that truck for personal use or some work?