Go Back   The Finance Forums > Finance forums > Mortgages

Mortgages Mortgages lending and lendors - your mortgage experiences, questions, and discussion.

Old 05-05-2012, 03:25 PM

Default Bad credit but want new home

My problem is I owe over $30,000 month in cc bills over $1300 monthly payments . Together me and my husband make to much to file BR. I called a credit card company ask to work with me and they could save me $25 a month . Oh boy. Then I talked with chase bank who gave me number to credit counselor who was figuring on a consolidation plan and with me paying on time and ignoring my home utilities bills made me look like good customer and they plan on saving me $200 month. My problem is lawyer won't let me file being married we can NOT afford the payments and cards are maxed . If I do divorce and his credit is saved will any of my problems affect his line credit for a new home? Or if a company decides to help me and settle ruining my credit what's will that do if we stay married and try to buy a home?

Old Sponsors
Old 05-22-2012, 11:40 PM

Default Re: Bad credit but want new home

I hope you don't have to get a divorce just for financial/credit reasons. A similar situation happened to a friend of mine. He is now on the road to recovery but everything is in his wife's name. As his credit improves, they plan to add his name to their financial obligations.

Old 06-12-2012, 12:15 AM

there are a lot of companies offering mortgage, ill find direct links for you and send it via PM to you

Old 08-08-2012, 04:08 PM
The Finance Forums

I know you want a house badly blondie73. But what's the hurry ?

Organize yourselves , save some cash, look for a beautiful and very affordable home. They're hard to find. Look for foreclosures. Set a budget. The more expensive the house is the more you risk getting into debt and future trouble.

Why not stick together within your limits while you pay your debts and you save monthly ?

Why not have a $1,000.00 emergency fund ?

Are you ready to invest time into this ?

Old 09-15-2012, 01:42 AM

Unfortunately... you really don't have many options until you can get rid of your debt. Why not consult with a debt settlement company?