Go Back   The Finance Forums > Finance forums > Banks

Banks Banks and banking - high street banks and online banks, personal accounts, and savings accounts.

Old 07-30-2011, 04:44 PM

Default Re: How Safe and Secure Online Banking is?

Probably no system is completely hack-proof, but how we access online banking can help in part to reduce the chances. As well as not using public computers, I also would not access online banking on my own laptop in a hotel room. Never have the site save passwords. After I have concluded a session, I also clear cookies, which I don't know if it really helps but at least it makes me feel somewhat more secure.

Old Sponsors
Old 08-11-2011, 04:39 AM

i ,for one is very very skeptical about using online banking.because at todays day and age,the computer software and engineering has evolved and evolving beyond imagination.there are so many hackers who can easily trap normal people like us and we dont even know it.they may steal our password.
so i will be very very skeptical about using the online banking.

Old 02-28-2012, 11:56 PM

Now yes bank is providing more facilities in online banking

Old 08-06-2012, 08:36 AM

Online banking is a hassle free way of handling money transactions with a mouse click. I am sure being new to this you are nervous and are skeptical about money transactions but nowadays online banking is very safe thanks to powerful online procedures which make it quite easy to operate.

But you should be careful about online transfer of money from a public workstation as that might be unsafe for you. SO do not disclose your passwords to anybody else and use your own machine at home and you save yourself good enough time.

Hope this would help,
Regards
OutlookMoney

Old 08-24-2012, 01:22 AM

It is safe, just remember that don't disclose your password, after transaction it will automatically closed, so just protect your password.

Old 08-24-2012, 07:08 AM

In the event you maintain your safety plans (trojan, firewall, and so forth) up to date, you need to be ok consumer banking on the web. Remember to prevent, at any time offer the security password to be able to any person inside e-mail or over the device. Furthermore, by no means select a great e-mail url to check out the consideration. Sort that directly into the web browser oneself.

Old 09-17-2012, 05:45 AM

Online banking is totally secure.

Old 12-24-2012, 02:09 AM

Online banking is safe don't feel nervous. you only have to do is maintain your setting and privacy.

Old 12-31-2012, 09:48 AM

I think online banking is pretty safe and secure now a days in all most everywhere around the banking sector, and most of people use make there transactions through online banking, which would hardly have any inconvenience. So, i think you don,t need or worry or having any concerns about it.

Old 01-21-2013, 05:03 AM

Internet banking is generally a safe online activity, provided you avoid phishing scams and adhere to the safety and security recommendations from your bank or building society.Most online banks will have a portion of their website devoted to explaining the measures that they employ to protect the security of your transactions.There are simple ways to ensure you bank safely online. For example, you should only access online banking by typing the bank’s address into your web browser – never go to a website from a link in an email.Keep all personal information and card numbers secret and be wary of unsolicited emails or calls asking you to disclose them. Remember, your bank would never contact you to ask you to disclose Pin numbers.You should also make sure your computer has up-to-date anti-virus software and a firewall installed.

Old 01-24-2013, 08:01 AM

Online banking is safe just you have to keep your security programs updated, you should be okay banking online.

Old Sponsors
Old 05-14-2013, 05:56 PM

I would say it's pretty safe and they generally have higher interest rates and lower monthly fees. But that could all change down the road as big companies are known for buying out these smaller entities (ie. Capital One/ING Direct)/. Once that happens, expect your privileges to go downhill in a couple of years after the buyout.

Old 10-25-2013, 09:15 AM

Online banking and direct debits are so secure they are actually taking over other forms of banking these days... Cheques in particular are becoming extinct

Old 12-12-2013, 06:23 AM

I think Online banking is absolutely safe to do online and is done by millions daily. Below are some of the different ways to keep online banking safe or ways it may become compromised.

Old 02-09-2014, 06:04 PM

Hey there,

Online banking security may vary from one institution to another, in my opinion it's just the preference of the banker. I've came into affiliated with different financial institutions and each region, security methods vary but I assure you every one of them aims to total and intensive secure methods. Cheers!