Go Back   The Finance Forums > Finance forums > Credit Cards

Credit Cards Discuss credit cards - user experiences, credit card rates, and which companies offer the best credit card.

Old 01-25-2017, 02:24 PM

Default Needing Advice

I am in need of financial advice.

I have been building upon my savings for several years now and have tried very hard to prevent taking from it. However, it is becoming increasingly harder and harder to not do so with the credit card debt I have accumulated, as well as a Discover loan I had to take out for a family emergency.

Even though, I can pay everything off, it will severely cut into my savings.

My first thought was to pay a good portion toward my Discover loan balance to bring my monthly payments down. However, after talking with Discover, they told me that the type of loan I have will not bring my payment down no matter how much I paid into my balance. Then I thought about paying down my balance until I could afford to pay it completely off without affecting my savings too much. But then Iím stuck with having to continue to make this enormous payment each month, which is currently affecting the rest of my monthly bills. And as a result, I donít want to have to do this either.

I have also been wrestling with the idea of making a substantial payment to each of my five credit cards to bring their balances down to help me deal with my Discover loan payment every month. But then that still leaves me with Discoverís huge balance that I will have to continue to pay for another 6 years.

But what really keeps me from just biting the bullet and paying everything off is I know I will not recoup this loss, and as a result, I just canít pull the trigger in taking so much from my savings that I will most likely never get back.

So, what should I do? What would you do in my place?

Thank you for any insight you can provide me.

Bryan

Old Sponsors
Old 09-16-2017, 07:18 AM

Default Re: Needing Advice

Best financial adviser for you.
This link might helpful for you www.ajsh.in
or direct call +91 98106-61322

www.udcinteriors.com | www.companyformationsservices.com | www.bluedots.in