Go Back   The Finance Forums > Finance forums > Credit Cards

Credit Cards Discuss credit cards - user experiences, credit card rates, and which companies offer the best credit card.

Old 02-11-2017, 10:23 PM

Default Credit card company not following agreed upon terms.

So I've got a card that I signed up for under the conditions of no interest until 2018 on balance transfers. Two months into my new card and lo and behold I get an email from from the company saying I have late charges, which I find odd because the only thing I have on that card is the balance transfer charge with no interest. I contact the company, turns out my interest free balance is collecting interest and that interest is now over due. Funny thing is that I already spoke to one contact rep who was able to look up and confirm that a mistake had been made on their part. Said they would fix it and call me 3 days later, they never called or fixed it. Very long story short, I call again they tell me the only thing they can do is put it to 'investigation' now, which takes 6 to 8 weeks. Meanwhile, the very next billing cycle they will report my 'overdue' charges to my credit and damage my credit. So what do I do?

I made references for both conversations I had with the reps.
I have a document from when I signed up that proves my account should be interest free right now. They are clearly in violation of our agreed upon terms.

Is there some government or state department that handles these kinds of issues that I can contact to tell them to get their poop in a group? Talking to them myself is not getting me anywhere. What is the best course of action?

Old Sponsors
Old 06-06-2017, 07:42 AM

Default Re: Credit card company not following agreed upon terms.

I have a prepaid debit card from worldcore and it is best card i have used so far. It is easy to use for all online transactions and also we can use to withdraw money from ATM.