Go Back   The Finance Forums > Finance forums > Business Finance

Business Finance Discussions about business finance, such as accounts and accounting, business loans, taxes, and related business issues.

Old 09-30-2013, 07:27 PM

Default Where are the Start-Up loans?

Hello,

Trying to start a web-based clothing company for women, but really need funding... Funding that seems not to exist. I need a $20k business start-up loan. I have been searching for about a month and a half and really I've gotten no where. I have a business plan and still no success. I've tried banks and other companies, but they really all just go off of credit and thanks to Sallie Mae wrongfully charging me while I was still in school mine's is horrible {Currently working on getting this taken care of}

Anyways, I posted an ad on Craigslist looking for any local people who would be interested in a peer-to-peer investment, but all I got were true scammers. I'm feeling like I'm at my wits end and all out of options and should just give up for now.

What other options do I have? Do start-up loans even exist anymore?

Old Sponsors
Old 12-09-2013, 05:37 PM

Default Re: Where are the Start-Up loans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultShowroomcu View Post
Hello,

Trying to start a web-based clothing company for women, but really need funding... Funding that seems not to exist. I need a $20k business start-up loan. I have been searching for about a month and a half and really I've gotten no where. I have a business plan and still no success. I've tried banks and other companies, but they really all just go off of credit and thanks to Sallie Mae wrongfully charging me while I was still in school mine's is horrible {Currently working on getting this taken care of}

Anyways, I posted an ad on Craigslist looking for any local people who would be interested in a peer-to-peer investment, but all I got were true scammers. I'm feeling like I'm at my wits end and all out of options and should just give up for now.

What other options do I have? Do start-up loans even exist anymore?
Searching for a month and a half isn't that long of a time. If you tried for 1-2 years then Id say maybe your business plan isn't as good as it needs to be, or you are in a risky business. Clothing is always a risky business to invest in especially if you don't have a brand that has recognition.