Go Back   The Finance Forums > Finance forums > Investments

Investments Discussions and questions about stock market investments, tax free savings, and high interest savings accounts.

Old 02-13-2013, 04:58 AM

Question What percentage of my investments should be for near-term and how much for long-term?

I am 25 years old and earn Rs 70,000 a month. I want to invest in equities. My near-term goals are to buy a car next year (Rs 6 lakh) and a flat in Bangalore (Rs 30 lakh budget) in 2 years time. I give my retired parents Rs 10,000 a month but at least Rs 35,000 is available for investment. I already own property in my hometown, gifted by my parents. I have Gold ETFs worth about Rs 3 lakh, which I can sell this to buy the flat. I am not married and probably won't be for another three years. No other investments as yet as I was repaying a bike and education loan with a considerably lower salary. What percentage of my investments should be for near-term and how much for long-term (retirement and insurance)?

Old Sponsors
Old 02-13-2013, 07:35 AM
The Finance Forums

Default Re: What percentage of my investments should be for near-term and how much for long-t

etaxmentor

Welcome to our forum.

One question.

How can you make 70K a month ?

Thank You
Fredy

Old 01-07-2020, 03:59 PM

Default Re: What percentage of my investments should be for near-term and how much for long-t

I would always be 80% for long term and 20% for long term. It’s not sensible to risk beyond this level for short term goals, as it’s more like gambling. I do get serious boost with FreshForex using their 101% Tradable Deposit Bonus, which entirely supports the margin.