Go Back   The Finance Forums > Finance forums > Credit Ratings

Credit Ratings Issues of credit ratings and credit scoring here.

Old 02-09-2008, 10:15 PM

Default Re: when you have no credit history

My husband and I had the same issue when we bought his truck. We had great credit, but not a long enough history. What happened was we ended up getting the loan through Fifth Third, who we had both been banking with since we turned 18 (we were 23 at the time of this purchase). They saw our history there and knew we were reliable.

Old 03-13-2008, 06:04 PM

This is what I would recomend you do. Stay away from department store credit cards no matter what. Believe it or not you're actually in a good position and you're probably better off than like 70% of americans lol. But the best thing I would recomend you do is to sign up for one of those credit card offers you get in the mail. find the one with the best rates. Only use the credit card for gas. you will probably have a 500 dollar line of credit. Never let your debt go over 250 dollars because if you borrow more than half of what you are actually allowed to borrow than this doesnt make you look good. Also whenever you get your statment in the mail, you will probably have to pay like 15 dollars minimum. Pay the whole card off, and make sure that you never ever miss any payments and taht they are always mailed in on time. After you do this your credit should increase slowly.

Old 03-26-2008, 08:11 AM

Hello
dont be bother. everything will be fair in credit history.Please check it site:
freeannualcreditreports.us
thanks

Old 09-30-2008, 03:25 PM
The Finance Forums

On the contrary completely, think if you owned the company for a moment.

If somebody came to you and asked you for a few thousand bucks, what would you do to analyse whether they are going to be able to pay you back? Check there history right?

Now if you have no history, I no that if I was a company I would not risk giving money to someone I am not even sure of whether they can pay me back or not.

If you find this a problem, then you should take out a credit card (which you will be able to do with a clean record) and use some credit and pay it back. Do not use loads as that is not required, but a little bit per month. Increase the amount of bank accounts you have, too as this can help.

Hope that made sense!

Ajay

Old 12-13-2008, 08:43 PM

It seems unfair but like many have said before, how do they know your going to pay it back when you have no history of doing so. You need to start getting a small credit card and use it regularly and keep paying it off also keeping a small amount of debt on your cards is a good thing.

Old 12-16-2008, 02:58 PM

If you have little credit, no credit or bad credit - and seeking car insurance: call independent agents/brokers in your area and ask if they handle any insurance carriers who do NOT use credit scoring. YOu'll likely find a better rate that way on car insurance.

Old Sponsors
Old 02-10-2012, 01:47 AM

oh really!!

Old 11-07-2012, 02:30 AM

Your credit history serves as reference on how well you manage your money and how you are able to pay off your debt. It's okay to get a credit card and use it at least once a month.

Old 04-05-2014, 11:59 PM

I started at 43 an absolute "ghost". Got a low limit high interest card....2 years later my score is 720.

Old 04-06-2014, 04:26 PM

It is very difficult for someone to get financing facility from any bank until or unless he has maintaining good credit history. It is good to get some secured CC and stay regular in repaying used credit amount. Only that way you can have good credit history which could help you in getting other credit facilities in future.

Old 08-03-2015, 03:48 AM

The short answer is no, bad credit and no credit aren't the same. However, their effects on your ability to qualify for a credit card, car loan or other loan could be the same. The paths to good credit from bad credit or from no credit also are similar, but a person with no credit is more likely to get good credit faster.No credit history is a clean slate, But a bad credit history is a dirty window that will take longer to clean up.