Go Back   The Finance Forums > Finance forums > Credit Cards

Credit Cards Discuss credit cards - user experiences, credit card rates, and which companies offer the best credit card.

Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2012, 08:42 AM

Default What is the use of Credit card??

What is the uses of Credit card??
How is it useful??

Old Sponsors
Old 08-30-2012, 05:21 PM

Default Re: What is the use of Credit card??

Quote:
Originally Posted by preetisoft2 View Post
What is the uses of Credit card??
How is it useful??
when you don't have the cash for something but need it. A credit card pays whatever up front to the company you are purchasing from, and then you pay the credit card in installments, plus interest.

Old 12-01-2012, 12:29 AM

I use credit card for emergency purchase. For example, if I ran out of cash on hand and there's something that I need to purchase in an instant like gasoline, grocery and meds

Old 12-01-2012, 11:49 AM

Credit cards are the easiest way to get money quickly to pay for something, but they are one of the most expensive ways of getting that money.

Develop good savings habits, and you won't be FORCED to use a credit card. Then, you can just use a credit card to pay for your regular monthly expenses, earn rewards, and then pay the card in full at the end of the month.

Old 12-10-2012, 12:57 AM

Mainly credit card is use for emergency purpose, credit card is one of the best ways to manage your finances.

Old 01-10-2013, 02:17 AM

None. Their is no use. Credit cards are for the lazy, unmotivated person. Dont touch a credit card. Useless.

Old 01-17-2013, 04:11 AM

I don't have a credit card but I'm planning to get one. I just realized recently that I need it somehow in times of needs like for grocery or bills. So if ever I'll have one, it'll be because of those reasons. I just have to manage it properly and just have a credit limit that I can afford to pay.

Old 02-18-2013, 11:56 PM

A credit card really helps when you run out of cash. However, if you do not manage it well, it can cause you problems too.

Old 03-03-2013, 01:27 AM
The Finance Forums

Credit Cards are made by investors for us the consumer. The credit card companies get super rich by offering us high interest money.

The only reason I use it, is because I can afford to pay for my credit card expenses quickly without generating interests. It is very easy to get comfortable using it and to get into serious debt. I discourage my sons, in their twenties, using credit cards. They're not easy to manage. They're easy to overuse.

Preetiesoft2, what a simple and deep question you made. Are you a researcher ?

I liked your questions very much. Welcome to our forum.

The best question is, the benefits of paying in cash.

Fredy

Last edited by Fredy Atwater; 03-03-2013 at 01:33 AM.

Old 08-20-2013, 11:18 PM

Credit cards are useful in the event that we need cash for the things we need. But using this wisely is also important.

Old 09-13-2013, 12:33 PM

They can help you build up credit if you don't have any. Don't get one with a large spending limit though as it might be too tempting. Try to not use the card unless there is an emergency though....sometimes these things come up and we don't have the money in savings..it happens to everyone..nothing to do with laziness.

Old Sponsors
Old 12-19-2013, 08:50 AM

Smile Re: What is the use of Credit card??

Originally Credit card is a plastic money which helps you to buy product or shopping whatever you want to shop. its totally helpful because no worry to carry a cash where we always think about the thefting of money.

According to me its totally useful we can have shopping online also via credit card.

but need to take some precautions for prevent scam of online. likewise dont share your password or pin. it cause you theft by online spammers.

Old 01-13-2014, 03:25 AM

Credit cards permit you to pay for products/ services that you wish to buy in the present even if you do not have the required funds in your bank. You are required to settle this debt or at least a minimum balance on due date. The balance attracts interest which is higher than a normal loan. If you do not go overboard with your spendings, budget well and resolve to always pay the amounts when due, credit card is for you. Else, it is the first step for financial ruin.

Old 01-16-2014, 07:30 AM

Another use for a credit card is to help build up your credit rating. If you have no credit rating, then using a credit card enables you to build up your credit rating over time. If you are new to credit cards, then I would advise to start with a small credit limit, so that you do not get into financial difficulties or are unable to pay the credit card bill at the end of the month.

Old 01-19-2014, 09:09 PM

Build credit score, convenience. When you want to rent a car, make hotel reservations, most of the times you need to use a credit card.
Having a good credit score comes in handy, especially if you plan to take out loans in the future (such as getting a low interest rate).

Closed Thread