Go Back   The Finance Forums > Finance forums > Credit Cards

Credit Cards Discuss credit cards - user experiences, credit card rates, and which companies offer the best credit card.

Old 03-10-2010, 07:31 PM

Default Re: How many credit cards do you have?

Here's how I got my first credit card: It was my freshman year of college, and I was sleeping after a night of drinking. I wake up around 9:30 the next morning to my dorm phone ringing, and it was a credit card company. I laid back down, and once I did, I didn't want to get back up, so I kept the phone at my ear, and next thing you know I have a credit card. It only had a $250 limit, and I ended up cancelling it after I got in trouble with it. I have one card with a $500 limit through Chase now, but I've never used it, and I'm thinking about cancelling it.

Old 03-12-2010, 04:05 PM

A Target Bank card, $0 balance. The interest rate was horrible. Iíll keep it open as a line of credit, but probably never use it again. The CL is $3800. They cut the CL from $6000 to $3800 about 8 months ago for no reason so I donít want to deal with them.

A Capitol One card. $150 Balance. CL $2000. Interest @ 17.99% High but not really an issue because I PIF every month anyway, if/when I use it. I use this card for things like hotels/airfare because Iím not really okay with putting hotels/airfare on my checking account/debit card. It is a rewards card but I donít use it enough to get the rewards.

A Best Buy store card. Current balance $75. Will be PIF next week. Iím not 100% sure of the rate offhand. Not really an issue because I never use it. The charge thatís there is because I forgot my debit card at home and for some reason, had my BB card on me when I needed the geek squad. Heh.. CL is $1800.

A Care Credit card. This is probably the worst of the lot. I will never use this card again. CL is something like $8500. Interest is insane. Keeping open to help with utilization on my report only.

Iím pretty sure I have other open cards out there but I donít keep copies of them anymore and they have not had balances in years. Like store cards, Meineke cards etc.

Aside from hotels/airfare, I canít remember the last time I used a cc for anything.

Old 03-14-2011, 03:07 PM

I found these to be the worst credit cards, but I try not to use my cards on anything, or if I do, I go home and pay it immediately. I never use them when I do not have the money in the bank for the item.

Old 03-15-2011, 04:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharp211 View Post
I have 2 cards. One with CapitalOne and one with Chase. Total of $1000, but I'm beginning to pay them off. CapitalOne is down to about 350 and Chase is at 400 or so.
I have two credit cards. They are convenient. They are easy to carry. And their is no problem if we misplace them too. They are safe to be used.

Old 03-15-2011, 08:45 PM

I don't have any credit cards.

Old 03-21-2011, 09:03 AM

Owning many credit cards will not matter as long as you can pay for it. You can have many credit cards and use all of them but make sure when the bills are due for payment, you can pay them in full or the minimum payment required.

In my case, i do own a cash back card for my groceries and a rewards card for my business as i keep on travelling from one place to another. I am applying for a platinum card now given that im holding a good credit rating now.

It will really depend on you how many cards you want to own but be sure not to get into trouble or encounter problems on it.

Old Sponsors