Go Back   The Finance Forums > General Forums > General Chat

General Chat General chat and discussion away from the finance topics.

Old 10-07-2007, 05:30 PM

Default VoIP Suggestions?

Ok, so I have been with Vonage for the past year or so but now it looks like they are about to go the way of SunRocket. I hope they make it through but all these lawsuits against them are making it look pretty grim. Anyways, I figured it might be time to change to a more stable VoIP service. What do you guys suggest? I have one friend who swears by Net2Phone and another that has been with Lingo for a while. Anyone here have experience with either one of these or is there another one you would suggest? Thanks.

Old Sponsors
Old 10-07-2007, 07:19 PM

Default Re: VoIP Suggestions?

Skype has been recommended to me.

I have had Vonage for some time also and every time I called to quit they gave me a free month. A few months ago they screwed up the direct billing and it never hit my bank. I decided the time had come to jump ship. They kept extending my service in hopes I would reenter my bank info, but finally 3 months out they have disabled the service. I'm good with that since every time I've tried to call I get someone from India that I don't understand, and then I get put on hold for 20-30 minutes, burning up my cell time. I have sent countless emails to kill the service since they will not allow you to do it on-line, yet every time they write me back saying that I must call in and talk to a customer service agent. My last email they have yet to respond to so I'm hoping they just go away.

Old 11-09-2007, 10:25 AM

Default Re: VoIP Suggestions?

I use Skype and have found it to be great for Business. Highly recommend it.