Go Back   The Finance Forums > Finance forums > Debt

Debt Discussions about debt and how to deal with debt.

Old 10-22-2010, 12:28 AM

Default Need Help

i have accured around $10.000 in debt. Student Loan $4000 defaulted, credit cards $2000, hospital bills $4000, all have been in collections for at least 2 years. although im not employed right now i make money here and there doing various stuff. i would like to put some back to save what is out there for some one who doesnt have a bank account and no job but would like to invest small amounts as i make it?

Old Sponsors
Old 10-27-2010, 04:29 PM

Default Re: Need Help

I'm not sure what you're asking for help on.

You want to find a way to invest money when you have it without dealing with your debts?

If that's the case you should consider the following: You received education paid for by the student loan (whether you got your degree or not). You received goods and services that the credit card company paid for. The hospital delivered medical care to you.

Though you have a legitimate reason for not meeting the payment obligations you originally agreed to, you should try to work something out with your creditors to satisfy the debts before you think about your own investment objectives. It's the most ethical thing to do. Settlements can be negotiated on credit cards and hospital bills. Payment arrangements could then be worked out on the student loans.