Go Back   The Finance Forums > Finance forums > Debt

Debt Discussions about debt and how to deal with debt.

Old 11-15-2010, 02:18 PM

Default Chasing my tail!

I have a family owned business which has been in existance for 14 years. Due to some bad business advertising / partnership - I ran up bills and now it has come back to haunt me.

I need to get a debt consolidation loan ($100k-$150k) so that I can condense everything...keep the doors open and get us back on track.

The banks have said no (I've been with BOA for the entire 14 years - we have regular FICO scores of 700+ ...but they state there at 15 different FICO scores that can be used and we come in under 650 with them??).

Unfortunately, we applied for a bunch of loans online and now realize that every inquiry throws a 'ding' into the score and with other creditors confidence.

Almost got scammed with Argon Financial Group Inc (Washington DC) who stated they would give me a $100k loan for 25 yrs at 5%. They wanted a $8k collateral. Very fishy - went to their location and its a TOWNHOUSE.

So, bottom line is I need help. I have real estate (3 Properties)...but as the old saying goes - have equity on paper but cash poor. Banks wont allow to borrow as there is only 85% or more LTV.

Can anybody direct me to a private lender (not scam artists) that can help out with unusual situation - and can think outside the box, etc... Conventional methods are not working - so have to go unconventional.

Thanks for any help that can be provided.

Old Sponsors
Old 11-18-2010, 12:10 AM

Default Re: Chasing my tail!

Tough situation. You've got high LTV so your real estate won't work as collateral. What about receivables? Have you looked into financing based on your receivables?